[Dutch Lock Down Day Three Hundred Thirty Two]
Happy Valentine’s, eh?
Thanks to my incredible partner, I slept until one and when I woke up, the throat was less painful and the fever was gone. And I was starving.
But first the news:
- Coronavirus breath testing stopped after several false negatives: RTL
- Covid-19 infections continue to decrease; seven-day average down by 14 percent
- Quiet carnival this year due to the coronavirus pandemic
So, yeah, this hasn’t been our best holiday.
But we’ve had worse, too.
Here’s our story:
- How’d you meet? His girlfriend invited my boyfriend over for drinks.
- First date? Yes.
- How long have you been together? Married twenty years this summer; dated for nine months before that – close friends for three years before that. Everyone thought we were pregnant because we got engaged / married so quickly, but it was just that we knew each other so well that when we figured things out, well, I asked him to marry me right away. He said no the first time (on our first date) and yes the second time (two months later).
- Age difference? I’m two years older.
- Kids? Three minions!
- Who was interested first? Me.
- Who is taller? He is a bit taller.
- Who said I love you first? Probably me?
- Most impatient? Definitely me.
- Most sensitive? We both have our sensitive bits. I cry more easily.
- Loudest? ME!! !
- Most stubborn? Erm… depends on the point. We can both dig in and fight for our hills.
- Falls asleep first? Always me.
- Cooks better? Definitely him.
- Better morning person? #UpAtFive
- Better driver? Me.
- Where do you eat out most as a couple? WHO IS EATING OUT THESE DAYS?!?
- Who is more social? The cat.
- Who is the neat freak? He is these days. It’s very strange.
- Where was your first kiss? I’ll never kiss and tell.
- Who initiated your first kiss? We did.
- How long did it take to get serious? Wait; what does ‘serious’ even mean?
- Who picks where you go to eat? It depends on who is in charge that night.
- Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong? Neither of us is ever wrong.
- Who has more tattoos? Neither of us has tats.
- Who sings better? Have you HEARD me SING?!?
- Hogs the Remote? He does. Until I ask for it. And then I do.
- Spends the most? …me.
- Did you go to the same school? Not at all.
- Who drives when you are going somewhere together? Long distance – him.
- The furthest you have traveled away together? Our longest flights together were back and forth between the United States east coast and the Netherlands, but our longest travel ever was when we moved to the Netherlands with two cats from North Carolina. Both cats pooped AND peed JUST before landing – we spent our lay over in a family toilet trying to clean up two very upset felines before our last leg to the Netherlands. I just remember how much we smelled by the time we landed – no customs because we flew through some EU country. And then we had another two and a half hour train ride before collapsing in a tiny hotel room with all our worldly possessions packed in two massive pieces of luggage.