[Dutch Lock Down Day Four Hundred Eleven]
The Cloud Native Computing Foundation’s flagship conference gathers adopters and technologists from leading open source and cloud native communities virtually 04-07 May 2021.
Oke, fair warning, if you haven’t noticed, it’s only Tuesday, and, well, this whole WEEK is probably going to be about databases and #NerdThings
But first the news:
- Rise in coronavirus hospital patients under 60 ‘concerning’, says RIVM
- Covid vaccinations of high-risk people from 18-60 to start; 40% more than expected
- Internationals not registered with their municipality won’t receive a vaccine
Today, on my second day of adventures at Cockroach Labs, I helped out with the virtual booth at #KubeCon #CloudNativeCon EU and it was Absolutely DIVINE.
I didn’t think I would feel THIS good at the new adventure THIS fast, but going live this morning with my colleague was… heavenly.
For some reason today was infinitely less exhausting than yesterday.
I think it was a combination of factors.
- It wasn’t The First Day.
- I worked the virtual booth at KubeCon CloudNativeCon last year, so this was incredibly familiar, but also the Linux Foundation listened to feedback on the platform and it was MUCH easier to interact with people.
- Streaming with my colleague was an absolute delight.
- There was a dance party.
- I wasn’t the only dancer.
- We were ALL dancing.
- I was able to HELP someone with an OpenShift / CockroachDB set up by asking what are you trying to do, how are you trying to do it, what do you expect to happen, what’s actually happening. I, too, was delightfully surprised.
- I learned SO MUCH about cockroaches.
- I did not spew tea or water or any other substance out my nose when I laughed and laughed and laughed live on air.
- I reconnected with Red Hatters.
- I had an awesome chat about open source licenses.
Part of me realizes that I should pace myself – it’s only day one of FOUR, but damn, today was incredible.
And I can’t wait to see what happens next!